10 Carden is a living lab for social change. We provide the conditions for community members, practitioners and researchers, working in collaboration, to explore ideas, create and sustain new initiatives and make discoveries. This work will shift attitudes and behaviours and strengthen community resilience. We are a ‘community hub’ offering not for profit groups, businesses and individuals’ affordable and accessible shared space. Our downtown Guelph location is accessible by transportation.
- Full time student during the preceding academic year & intends to return to school in September full time.
- Is between 15 to 30 years of age
- A student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and is
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
- Foreign students are not eligible
- Can serve as a Community Host, welcoming co-workers, community and members into the space.
- Knowledgeable about 10 Carden, answering questions, providing support and engaging the community.
- Administrative tasks – using word, excel, powerpoint and Google documents.
- Responsible for ensuring the physical facility is clean and welcoming.
- Take callers/visitors name(s) and contact info.
- Work on Ad-Hoc projects and tasks – will be defined based on your particular interests
- Provide 10 Carden space tours to potential new tenants and interested parties.
- Create content for the 10 Carden blog, write media releases and document collaborations.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent communications skills – good with people.
- Coordination and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in small teams.
- Strong ability/creativity to work in an under-resourced working environment.
- Self-starter, creative, out-going, self-motivated, a good team worker.
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkdin) and WordPress abilities are a strong asset.
This summer position will be open until Wednesday, June 12th, then all applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled.
Position is 30 hrs/week for 8 weeks starting at the end of June, 2013 to August 31st, 2013
Remuneration is $12/hr.
In your cover letter, please answer: what types of projects or tasks are you passionate about? How would your passion and skills fit with the goals of 10 Carden and continue to make 10 Carden a vibrant part of the Guelph community? Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to:
Attn : Katrina McQuail
Subject : Community Collaborateur Summer Internship
Phone : 519.780.5030
Email : [email protected]rden.ca
Address: 10 Carden Street, Guelph, ON N1H 3A2