10 Carden is a ‘community hub’ offering not for profit groups, businesses and individuals’ affordable and accessible shared space.10Carden provides administrative support to Fourth Friday event organization. Fourth Fridays is a once monthly arts/music/culture event that occurs in Downtown Guelph. You will do all of the communications, coordination and publicity for Fourth Fridays, with support of the Community Collaborator. Location is accessible by transportation.
- Full time student during the preceding academic year & Intends to return to school in September full time
- Is between 15 to 30 years of age
- A student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
- Foreign students are not eligible
- Recruit and communicate with artists/musicians/performers
- Connect and pair artists with venues as needed
- Organize outside or other venues
- Communicate with community partners
- Maintain the Fourth Fridays (wordpress) website: http://fourthfridaysguelph.ca
- Maintain the Fourth Fridays Facebook page, Twitter, Flickr and other social media accounts.
- Work to engage the University of Guelph and wider Guelph community more intentionally.
- Ensure that for each Fourth Friday, 10 Carden has art and/or a performer.
- Coordinate the use of Community Music’s audio equipment when needed.
- Write thank you to artists/performers/venues for their participation
Collaborate and work collectively with the volunteer Fourth Friday coordinators.
- Excellent communications skills – good with people and juggling multiple tasks
- Team Player with a passion for the arts, community and creative projects
- Good oral, written and spoken fluency in English
- Knowledge of facilitation skills and willing to conduct hands-on work
- Self-motivated and resourceful individual; works well both individually and in a team
- Time flexibility. Availability to work on weekends and some evenings
- Familiar with Downtown Guelph
- Strong ability/creativity to work in an under-resourced working environment
- Photography, video and storytelling ability would be an asset
This summer position will be open until Wednesday, June 12th, then all applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled.
Position is 30 hrs/week for 8 weeks starting end of June, 2013 to August 31st, 2013
Remuneration is $12/hr.
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to:
Attn : Katrina McQuail
Subject : Fourth Friday Summer Internship
Phone : 519.780.5030
Email : [email protected]
Address : 10 Carden Street, Guelph, ON N1H 3A2