Dear Changemaker and Collaborator,
Four years into the game, 10 Carden is reaching out to you with a request for sponsorship.
Just a few short years ago, 10 Carden started its life as a living lab for social change, creating the conditions for community members, practitioners and researchers to explore ideas and create new initiatives in our city. We now house over 120 members all working in various change sectors.
Some highlights from the past year…
10 Carden has hosted:
- 281 member sponsored events reaching 5058 community members
- 8 social innovation events reaching 120 community members
- 10 Workshops reaching over 375 community members
ENGAGING OUR COMMUNITY 10 Carden has:
- Participated in Social Innovation Generation roundtables, A Community Social Responsibility conference in Ottawa, The youth conference “Where the Sidewalk Leads” in Waterloo, Impact Investing @ MaRS in Toronto, and Change Lab training in Waterloo focused on strengthening capacity for social planning in Guelph and Wellington.
- Created a Community Classroom with UofG where several departments conduct community-engaged scholarship offering classes, meetings, retreats, workshops, and community research opportunities.
- Cultivated Fourth Fridays, an arts focused community engagement strategy that developed opportunities for the downtown commercial sector and art groups to host an energizing family-oriented monthly event.
- Facilitated a Youth Collaboration, bringing together youth service providers to begin the mapping of services and create new collaborations.
On the horizon are many more opportunities for the collaborative development of our community. You can help us seize these opportunities.
In this period of growth, 10 Carden is asking you to make a monthly, annual or one-time contribution to support our work. Your donation can be made through our website or by cheque.
We would also be happy to meet to hear your ideas, and discuss other ways you can support our work. Please contact our Board at [email protected] to discuss ways that we can collaborate. We look forward to connecting with you.
Thank you for making more spectacular things happen in our community.