ATTENTION CLINICIANS, HOSPITALS, MENTAL HEALTH AGENCIES, SCHOOL BOARD SUPPORT STAFF, CHILD AND YOUTH COUNSELLORS!
Available training Opportunity from the Child Parent Research Institute. “Brake Shop” Training Workshop
Designed for those wishing to increase professional competence in:
- Tourette Syndrome (TS)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Disruptive Behaviour Disorders (ODD, “rage”)
- Sensory Processing Dysfunction (SPD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Training Workshop include:
- A review of how the disorder(s) relate to dysregulation
- Drawing from current research, expert tips on phenomenology, assessment, differential diagnosis and treatment as well as advances in the field
- Examinations of Evidence-Based practices (both pharmacological and psychological), as well as specialized strategies and accommodations
- Providing classroom in-services/school assemblies for these disorders is another available workshop
- CPRI Brake Shop programming materials for service recreation, including excellent resources developed for both clinician and families
- Further opportunities for follow-up (booster or ‘Tune-Up’ sessions, supervision of agency contact person)
Training will take place over 2 days: December 13th 10:00am to 4:00pm and December 14th 9:00am – 3:00pm
This training is being offered through Avalon Treatment Programs and is available to all public members.
The cost for this training is $20.
Community participants can pay at the door.
Registration will start at 9:00am – December 13, 2012