January 2021 – 10C Shared Space is a NFP social enterprise hub in downtown Guelph supporting approximately 200 members working in a variety of social change fields. In addition to in-person placemaking and virtual community-building, 10C is leading a number of capacity-building projects related to social enterprise, social connection, food systems, social finance and collective impact work towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These values (10Cs) guide our work: collaboration, creativity, catalyze, capacity, champion, connection, caring, courage, community, and change. 10C has been growing since its inception in 2008 and is now a team of approximately ten to twelve changemakers.
The Associate Director provides support to the Executive Director in a direct, one-to-one working relationship. You will play an integral role in supporting the implementation of exciting programs, and contribute to the continued growth and development of 10C. This new role is designed to open space and build capacity for 10C leadership to scale the organization and continually innovate. 10C has a clear view of systems, offerings and processes that we would like to create in 2021-23, and you will be instrumental in helping to bring these to life.
You will bring to this position the following core competencies:
- project management and data-driven progress-tracking skills to work effectively with staff to successfully implement a variety of projects, with multiple stakeholders, often under tight timelines.
- financial and enterprise development skills including budgeting, estimating to support the overall financial requirements of 10C.
- judgement and decision-making skills that allow you to evaluate and negotiate complex situations.
- strong communication skills, with writing styles that range from informal voice on social media, to short-hand team communications, to detailed outcomes-oriented narrative as related to grant writing, proposal development and project reporting.
- experience with the language of social enterprise, social innovation and social finance, and at the same time are motivated towards plain language interpretation to engage a variety of audiences.
- exceptional skills with Google Suite (in particular Google Sheets), MS Excel, AirTable, Keynote (or MS PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Miro, Zoom and Slack. You may have additional skills in QuickBooks and general financial and accounting practices as relevant to project management, grant reporting and budget management. You don’t mind throwing down a Gantt chart when you know it will help build efficiency.
The Associate Director will:
- provide management and leadership support in designated areas of accountability.
- foster effective relationships with staff, project partners, members and key stakeholders.
- initiate and take responsibility for the effective execution, monitoring and reporting of collective progress of a variety of projects, including virtual community engagement, education, facilitation and development of new social enterprise service offerings.
- contribute to the initiation, research and development of proposals, presentations, reports, workshops, social media and marketing strategies and project materials.
- work with the 10C team to build new revenue generating programs and services.
- offer support to Board Committee meetings, including drafting of information packages, tracking deliverables and action items, and taking minutes as needed.
You will strengthen systems by:
- using your organization and project management skills to track and align project objectives, costs and time/staffing allocations with funding and strategic priorities.
- support the team to develop new skills and competencies, identifying and solving gaps in processes through periods of growth and change.
- developing processes that create more streamlined ways of working.
You will work in synergy with the ED and the team to:
- collect, analyze and synthesize information pertaining to 10C.
- serve as a go-to-person for the review and pre-sign-off of project materials.
- ensure that 10C’s collaborative project teams are synchronized and effective.
- assist in the preparation and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines.
You truly enjoy structure:
- you naturally gravitate to seeing details, and organizing within existing and new systems.
- you delight in creating and managing shared project files and data assets for the benefit of the team and building institutional knowledge.
- you are exceptionally detail-oriented with the patience and “see-through-it-ness” required to track down the most minor details, when details matter.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- are results-driven, enthusiastic, and motivated to ‘help’ in a team-oriented environment.
- are inspired by working in an entrepreneurial environment, which is fast-paced and ever-changing with plenty of unknowns and new opportunities.
- are at ease creating plans, managing next steps, balancing risks and tracking outcomes.
- can manage super-short timelines and possess a high sense of urgency, ability to prioritize and accountability to the end goals.
- use your curiosity, confidence and emotional intelligence to create with caring and empathy.
- have a proven track record of maintaining confidentiality and building deep trust in all of your relationships.
- are flexible and adaptable, to meet 10C’s varied needs and shifting priorities.
Education and Experience. You have:
- demonstrated interest in the work of social enterprises and not-for-profit organizations.
- a relevant post-secondary degree/diploma (possibly in administration, business, marketing, finance or a related field).
- minimum of three (3) year’s non-profit organization or entrepreneurial experience, reporting directly to senior management, or
- an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- This is a full-time 2 year contract 37.5 hours/wk (possibility for renewal pending funding).
- Salary $58,000 – $62,000 FTE depending on experience. 3 month probationary period.
- This position is located on site at 10C in downtown Guelph, ON with some WFH flexibility.
Application Deadline: February 12, 2021.
As part of our ongoing commitment to learning, growth and building a diverse community in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive, 10C encourages applications from those across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities and lived experiences.
Apply with your resume/c.v. and a cover letter including your answer to the question, “What is your superpower?” Please apply to our posting at Charity Village or email all inquiries to [email protected].