Join the community at 10C Shared Space. 10C is a shared space community hub, offering individuals, professionals and researchers working within Guelph with a place to gather/work and exchange ideas. We are hiring for two (2) Canada Summer Jobs positions, Community Animator Lite and Arts Program Coordinator.
(1) Community Animator Lite
Working within 10C’s busy coworking centre, event space and social change hub, this student will serve as a community host. 10C has expanded from 3000 sq ft to 15,000 sq ft of fully accessible, inclusive space and will be expanding its person to person community engagement.
- Welcome coworkers, and community and members into the space
- Provide support to coworkers and community members by answering questions, providing tours and preparing event space and completing space bookings.
- Familiarize newcomers with the services and community groups that are part of the 10C Shared Space membership
- Assist with administrative tasks to create workflow efficiencies
- Assist in event planning and coordination
- Use promotional tools to increase engagement in 10Cs projects, initiatives, and events
- Collaborate with 10C volunteers to participate in events inside 10C and within the community of Guelph
- Build community around 10C and contribute to a lively and well-used community space
- Value inclusivity, work to make everyone feel welcome and create individual connections
- Perform outreach to increase the community membership base of 10C, including organizational, individual and student memberships, with a focus on diverse populations including members that service newcomers, Indigenous communities and people with disabilities.
- Promotion and engagement will include communication of the expansion project into the new space, with new opportunities and benefits for members.
(2) Arts Program Coordinator
The student will support the operations of three gallery spaces at 10C including the main floor “University of Guelph Gallery and Lounge”, the second floor “Heritage Gallery”, the fourth floor “Gallery 42” and monthly cultural event programming at 10C. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for the arts and arts administration/promotion. Responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Recruit and communicate with artists/musicians/performers
- Connect with artists and manage details for exhibitions
- Assist volunteers with installation of bi-weekly visual arts exhibitions
- Pre-plan 2018-19 exhibition schedule with 10C team and community artists
- Assist 10C team with the development of a pop-up shop retail offering and systems
- Use social media and promotional strategies to create buzz around the 10C arts programs and document success stories
- Work with artists to effectively plan and promote their events
- Work to engage the wider Guelph community more intentionally and set up regular communication and outreach activities
This is a Canada Summer Jobs posting all applicants must:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act* and;
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
*Foreign students are not eligible.
10C Shared Space is a living wage and equal opportunity employer. This position is for 8 weeks, 30 hours/week, $16.50/hr. Please send your application to [email protected] by June 8th, interviews will be conducted in mid June.