MEETING ROOM RENTAL POLICIES
THANKS FOR BOOKING A MEETING ROOM AT 10C. We thank you for choosing 10C and supporting our mission of creating space for change.
WE’RE HAPPY TO SHARE SPACE WITH YOU!
Please contact us for any questions at [email protected] or call 519-780-5030.
ACCESSING THE BUILDINGS AFTER HOURS
10C’s regular business hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. If you are booking after hours, you will have a temporary access code issued to you through our online booking system and the KISI app available on your smartphone. This will unlock the door and the alarm system. Failure to download the KISI app or request a KISI key card before your booking could mean that you are unable to access your room, yikes!
There is a $75 charge for unreturned KISI Cards. Renters will be asked to sign a separate waiver relevant to the KISI Card upon picking it up. Please note the following information if your room booking will occur during off-hours:
• Please pick up your KISI electronic code through the KISI app on your smartphone (10C-Guelph) or pick up a KISI key card on the ground floor at the Welcome Desk during normal business hours Monday through Friday.
• Prior to your meeting, you’re welcome to post signs on the doors of 10C with directions and contact info for your guests. You can also station a volunteer at the front reception to direct your guests to your meeting. We also post a Meeting Room schedule in the Carden Gallery Lounge that your guests can also refer to.
• PLEASE NEVER EVER (WE’RE SERIOUS) PROP OPEN THE DOORS.
If you require doors to be open after hours, an additional fee for 10C staff to be on site can be arranged.
USING OUR SPACE
Just like the workspace, the meeting rooms are part of 10C and as such all members and their guests using the meeting rooms must abide by our Member Cooperation Policies.
The meeting rooms at 10C are also part of our DIY culture…
• Hundreds of members and external clients use 10C facilities every day; please be respectful and book enough time at the start and end of your rental to account for any additional set-up or clean-up time.
• A clean space is a happy space! Users of Meeting Room facilities are responsible for their own room set-up and clean-up, unless otherwise agreed to. This includes putting debris in the appropriate compost/recycling/waste bin, washing all dishes that have been used, placing used flipchart paper into the recycling, and wiping off the whiteboards or chalkboards.
Failure to leave the room(s) in a clean and undamaged condition will result in a cleaning fee of $50. (Please sign below)
• If you remove or rearrange tables, chairs, or other items from the room, please return them after the booking is finished! There are floorplans posted in each meeting room location and 10C staff or volunteers are available to provide guidance during regular business hours.
• Please hang up any signage on our walls with sticky tack instead of tape, which can peel off our paint, or better yet, use the corkboards and public display areas.
• We try to live by our values. We buy fair trade, organic, green and local whenever possible. Each floor has a kitchenette for your use– if you are bringing in snacks, please feel free to use our kitchen facilities and dishware. Please wash all your own dishes, separate your waste into the proper bins, and then pat yourself on the back for making a small but meaningful difference.
• We strive to be a zero-waste facility and we trust that you’ll do what you canto help us reflect these values. There is a 3 stream (Green/Blue/Clear) waste system on each floor and on-site composting is collected daily. We are also a NO single-use plastic bottle zone, there is filtered drinking water in the fountain on the main floor.
In 10C meeting, event and coworking spaces, I will not use water in single-use plastic water bottles and will use filtered water instead. (please sign below)
• Users agree to pay for any damages caused to 10C, its equipment, and its surrounding property as a result of the Meeting or Event. Please treat our space and equipment with love and care! Please approach the 10C Host Desk for assistance in finding the items you have booked.
• Reserving a Meeting Room does not include use of the 10C workspace. Feel free to show your guests around the space, but they should not be in the space unattended!
• 10C management reserves the right to monitor all functions being held on the premises. It also reserves the right to refuse space to any group that it considers inconsistent with the purpose and policies of 10C.
• 10C is not responsible for items left unattended, nor is 10C responsible for unsecured rooms and common areas. We wish we had superpowers, but sadly we can’t be everywhere at once.
• There is a chance that 10C may assign a different but comparable room to the user group, but will give notice and our full thanks for your understanding!
• Microphones and amplification equipment are not permitted in Meeting Rooms during regular business hours, as this may affect our co-tenants and other Meeting Room renters. Computer speakers at a reasonable volume are permitted and we ask you to be courteous of those around you.
Out of fairness to all users of the space, 10C requires notice of cancellation. Bookings cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to the booking date will pay the equivalent of 30% of the booking fee. Bookings cancelled within 3 business days will pay full amount as we will not be able to re-book that date. Please note that while you may book meeting rooms on weekends, Saturday and Sunday do not count as business days and are not a part of any notice period for cancellations. To cancel a booking, simply login to your 10C-Guelph account, click on your booking, change ‘confirmed’ to ‘cancelled,’ and save. You can alternatively email [email protected] or call 519-780-5030.
The provision of alcoholic beverages on 10C premises MUST be approved in writing by 10C staff prior to your booking. Any unapproved alcohol distribution in 10C Meeting Rooms is considered illegal and will result in the inability to book 10C space in the future, a potential financial penalty, and potential legal ramifications. 10C staff can assist with questions to help obtaining a Special Occasions Permit (SOP) from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. Member and non-member events with a Special Occasions Permit and alchohol will also require Party and Alcohol Insurance through PAL Canada or other similar insurance provider. Please leave plenty of time (4-6 weeks) prior to your event to coordinate these permits.
I understand and agree to comply with the Alcohol Policy. I am also awarethat breaking the alcohol policy will result in penalties and possible cancellation of my membership with or use of 10C. (Please sign below)
In the unlikely event of an emergency during business hours, contact the 10C staff on site immediately. For emergencies that may occur off-hours, please contact any of the following below or CALL 911 IF THE EMERGENCY WARRANTS. We will do our best to respond but may not be immediately available. Please text and/or call:
Julia Grady 519.546.5640
Joy Sammy 226.500.3201
Please sign the following:
Your signature will indicate that you have read and agree to Schedule E.