10C is hiring two Community Operations Assistants
As 10C gradually reopens and reawakens, we are looking for additional support in the day-to-day operations at our downtown space. The Community Operations Assistants will work closely with the Community Operations Lead to facilitate many of our core place-based activities, including building operations, community events, and welcoming, supporting, and directing any 10C community members who use the space. They may also have the opportunity to engage in research and reporting around potential 10C partners, members and collaborators that could relate to 10C’s work.
10C Shared Space (10C) is the hub for community changemakers in Guelph-Wellington. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise working to create platforms (physical, virtual, networks and financial) for those working across sectors and engaging in collaborative environmental, social community development work to improve our community.
10C is committed to learning, equity and building a diverse community in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We welcome team members with the knowledge and skills to productively work with diverse communities. 10C specifically encourages applications from those across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, and lived experiences. Please note that this is an on-site role in Guelph, Ontario.
Responsibilities of the Community Operations Assistants will include:
- Day-to-day on-site operations support
- Support the day-to-day operation of the 10C site, located at 42 Carden Street in Guelph
- Contribute to the smooth running of 10C on-site operations including member and community access, prompting cleaning as needed, and ensuring spaces are functional and set-up
- Host, welcome and direct people entering and exiting 10C
- Help with site set-up and take down for community events according to needs and troubleshooting as needed
- Basic construction skills (i.e. painting) considered an asset
- Other responsibilities:
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic, community-focused, non-profit environment means that other opportunities and tasks arise. In addition to giving capacity to be all hands on deck at times, this flexibility also allows each 10C team member to engage with different projects and initiatives related to their specific interests, strengths, and goals.
Compensation and Details:
- We are hiring two Community Operations Assistants to work closely with each other, the Community Operations Lead, and the 10C staff team.
- The work location is onsite at 10C Shared Space in Guelph (as long as public health measures allow). Some offsite, evening and weekend work may be required.
- This is a part-time role based on 20 hours/week at $17/hour.
- The position duration is 15 weeks and the start date is November 15, 2021 (with some flexibility around start date, hours and position duration.)
- Eligibility: Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 and meet eligibility criteria for the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program. Preference will be given to applicants who are enrolled in or have completed a post-secondary program with a focus on: sustainability, urban planning, horticulture, environmental studies, food studies, etc. Students in other fields and high school students with related interests and experience are also encouraged to apply.
Please email your cover letter and resume, specifying Community Operations Assistant in the subject line, to [email protected], including your answer to the question, “What is your superpower?”
Application Deadline: November 10, 2021