10C is hiring!
10C Shared Space (10C) is seeking an Engagement Coordinator and Visual Storyteller with a strong graphic design background and writing, interviewing and engagement skills who can join our team to engage with people in Guelph-Wellington to share stories that focus on systems change and the circular food economy. This role reports internally to 10C, as well as externally to the team at Our Food Future, and requires someone with creativity, the ability to distill complex ideas to engaging action-oriented visuals, thrives when connecting in-person and virtually with community members, and who enjoys working within a fast-paced supportive team environment. More information available here or below. Applications are due by 5:00pm on Friday, June 10.
We Are Excited to Meet You!
10C is committed to learning, equity and building a diverse community in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We welcome team members with the knowledge and skills to productively work with diverse communities. 10C specifically encourages applications from those across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, and lived experiences. 10C values lived experience alongside educational and workplace experience. If you are comfortable highlighting your lived experience in your application, this will help us consider your application in a holistic way.
Please feel free to be in touch at [email protected] with any questions.
Engagement Coordinator and Visual Storyteller
10C Shared Space (10C) is seeking an Engagement Coordinator and Visual Storyteller with a strong graphic design background and writing, interviewing and engagement skills who can join our team to engage with people in Guelph-Wellington to share stories that focus on systems change and the circular food economy. This role reports internally to 10C, as well as externally to the team at Our Food Future, and requires someone with creativity, the ability to distill complex ideas to engaging action-oriented visuals, thrives when connecting in-person and virtually with community members, and who enjoys working within a fast-paced supportive team environment.
We are seeking a team member to hold responsibility for these areas:
- Build local momentum and engagement in the circular economy by acting as an ambassador for 10C, Our Food Future and the core circular food economy concepts at community events.
- Support the implementation of the local Reimagine Food campaign to ensure programs are organized, efficient and welcoming for the community (a description of the Reimagine Food campaign is listed below);
- Facilitate the delivery of programs throughout the City of Guelph and the County of Wellington including connecting with volunteer groups, tabling at festivals, celebrations and special events while creating and sustaining connections to community partners and public participants;
- Develop and extend the implementation tools for the Reimagine Food strategy and campaign by providing graphic design, writing, interviewing, photography, videography to tell impactful stories to a variety of audiences;
- Celebrate the numerous cultures and communities in Guelph and Wellington County and take an asset-based approach to community engagement;
- Engage on web and social media with powerful visual narratives and conversational skills, across various platforms;
- Prepare presentations, articles, advertisements, fact sheets, promotional signs, blog posts, news releases, project reports that incorporate community action, research and clear accessible communication;
- Connect with a variety of networks, and be diligent in documenting and mapping individual and ecosystems connections;
- Work as part of an integrated and collaborative team to ensure that 10C and Our Food Future’s core philosophies have been incorporated into all program development, communications and partner relations.
You Bring these Experiences and Abilities to the Role:
- Post-secondary education in Design, Visual Arts, Communications, Marketing and/or minimum three years related equivalent experience; and the ability to stay current with standards in the design and computer technology fields;
- Curiosity, ease of connection and inter-personal engagement, which supports engaging with a wide audience in warm and welcoming ways;
- Excellent writing abilities, with a range from informal and creative to formalized and structured reporting audiences and current samples demonstrating your skills;
- Experience with professional design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or Affinity and a visual portfolio to demonstrate your ability to create a variety of visualizations;
- Audio storytelling and videography skills and audio-video editing skills using a variety of tools and current samples demonstrating your skills is a bonus;
- Basic level understanding of web design, preparing artwork, and updating existing website pages;
- “All In” winning attitude, with a responsive customer-service focus;
- An intrapreneurial spirit with dedication to both teamwork and independence;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet demanding timelines;
- Experience working in a fast-paced non-profit environment an asset;
- Advanced abilities in a computerized environment utilizing various software platforms including: Slack, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite or Affinity, Airtable, Eventbrite, WordPress, Canva, online social media scheduling, and any number of online tools used in creation of engaging social media products.
- A valid driver’s license (minimum G2 Class) and access to a reliable vehicle is a bonus.
The lists above represent the mandate of this role and the experience and abilities needed to be successful. We understand not all candidates will have all of the qualifications or areas of expertise listed. If you have approximately 85% of the experience and abilities, or feel strongly that you could do this job well, we would love to hear from you.
Compensation and Details:
- Start date is Monday, June 27, 2022 (flexible)
- This is a ONE YEAR temporary role based on 37.5 hours/week
- Work location is primarily onsite at 10C Shared Space and the Our Food Future office in Guelph.
- Work schedule to be determined based on individual schedule and the needs of the role and team. Hours of work will include a significant amount of evening and weekend activity to document and attend events.
- Salary range is $50,700 – $54,600
- This position is in Guelph with both on-site and work-from-home flexibility. Our ideal candidate has a strong connection to Guelph-Wellington.
- To support health and wellness, this role has access to:
- Two (2) weeks vacation on an annual basis, with one (1) day vacation to be added per year of work to a maximum of five (5) additional days of paid vacation;
- Additional time away of up to three (3) paid sick days, and two (2) paid ‘flex’ days off per year to be used at your discretion;
- 10C’s Health Benefits package after 3 months of employment which includes: basic life and critical life insurance, extended healthcare, dental, vision and paramedical services.
Please email your cover letter and resume, specifying Engagement Coordinator and Visual Storyteller in the subject line, to [email protected]. Please include in your cover letter the answer to the question, “What is your superpower?”
Application Deadline: 5:00pm Friday, June 10, 2022
Interviews will be held the week of June 13th. Recognizing that the interview process takes time and effort, all interviewed candidates will receive a $75.00 stipend for participating in an interview, including providing samples of work or other follow-up materials. We will also send interview questions in advance to give time to process questions.
We Are Excited to Meet You!
10C is committed to learning, equity and building a diverse community in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We welcome team members with the knowledge and skills to productively work with multiple communities and engage with broader equity deserving groups. 10C specifically encourages applications from those across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, and lived experiences. 10C values lived experience alongside educational and workplace experience. If you are comfortable highlighting your lived experience in your application, this will help us consider your application in a holistic way.
About Our Food Future:
Our Food Future is Guelph and Wellington’s vision for a circular food system – a system that values, shares and celebrates a diversity of affordable, nutritious and culturally relevant foods that support a healthy, resilient community. $10 million in funding was awarded through Infrastructure Canada’s Smart Cities Challenges and $15 million has been sourced and leveraged to expand work centred around four goals:
- Increasing access to affordable, nutritious Foods
- Enabling circular strategy and innovation for businesses and collaborations
- Revaluing and reducing food waste
- Enabling whole systems change
Our Food Future has the potential to create a radical and sustained change in the food system of Guelph-Wellington. The success of this project will also inspire communities across Canada and around the world to change while providing a toolkit of strategies and approaches that have been tested and refined.
The Reimagine Food Campaign and Engagement Initiative is Our Food Future’s local effort to inspire a circular food economy movement. By working with businesses, governments, community groups, and individuals we aim to inspire and empower people to learn about how circular theory comes to life, engage in lively conversations about food system transformation, build demand for circular products, take pride in our local food culture, and develop new ways of valuing food while wasting less. We need these audiences to become champions and stewards of this initiative, so that this project can create significant and sustained change. Additionally, we believe that embracing a circular approach in the food system can be a leverage point to shift to a more circular economy that is good for the community and the planet.