10C is hiring a Communications & Arts Activator
Full posting available here or below. Applications close October 19 at 5:00pm.
We Are Excited to Meet You!
10C is committed to learning, equity and building a diverse community in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We welcome team members with the knowledge and skills to productively work with diverse communities. 10C specifically encourages applications from those across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, and lived experiences. 10C values lived experience alongside educational and workplace experience. If you are comfortable highlighting your lived experience in your application, this will help us consider your application in a holistic way.
Please feel free to be in touch at [email protected] with any questions.
Community & Arts Activator
10C Shared Space (10C) is currently seeking a Communications & Arts Activator to join the team. With a focus on developing visually engaging content, planning, implementing and monitoring content through 10C’s communications channels as well as facilitating art shows in our public gallery space, the Communications & Arts Activator will work to uplift 10C projects and members through storytelling and engagement. In addition to highlighting the projects and activities taking place at 10C’s headquarters at 42 Carden Street, this communications work will also include outreach focused on the food, arts and cultural events and initiatives taking place at the Guelph Farmers’ Market.
10C Shared Space (10C) is the hub for community changemakers in Guelph-Wellington. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise working to create platforms (physical, virtual, networks and financial) for those working across sectors and engaging in collaborative environmental, social community development work to improve our community. In 2022, 10C also began to manage the operations and activation of the Guelph Farmers’ Market.
Responsibilities of the Communications & Arts Activator will include:
- Communications management and support (80%)
- Manage 10C’s online presence through all social media channels, e-newsletters and Mighty Networks platform.
- Create, curate and schedule social media content – coordinate with staff for content creation and ensure content is scheduled (using Later) for all 10C social media accounts (including, 10C, Nourish, Harvest Impact and Farmers’ Market).
- Stay flexible and responsive for content creation and curation based on the needs of the team, organization and shifting priorities.
- Create and promote content through Mighty Networks online virtual community.
- Lead the design and distribution of 10C’s e-newsletters, including coordinating content from 10C staff and members and ensuring the mailing list is kept up to date.
- Monitor traffic, create and respond to online conversations and report on social media analytics monthly.
- Arts administration (15%)
- Manage art shows and installations in 10C spaces, including main floor gallery space, fourth floor community classroom and others.
- Communicate and coordinate with exhibiting artists, support in installation and take down for work.
- Design and print art show promotional materials.
- Schedule and staff opening and/or closing receptions.
- Coordinate payment for art show sales.
- Connect with artists and creatives for new opportunities.
- Other responsibilities (5%)
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic, community-focused, non-profit environment means that other opportunities and tasks arise. In addition to giving capacity to be all hands on deck at times, this flexibility also allows each 10C team member to engage with different projects and initiatives related to their specific interests, strengths, and goals.
The Communications & Arts Activator will bring the following experiences and abilities to the role:
- Experience in social media content creation and management using various platforms and tools.
- In-depth working knowledge of Mail Chimp, Later, Customer Relationship Management software, Airtable, and GSuite, and Slack.
- Strong graphic design skills and principles – advanced graphic design knowledge and experience considered an asset.
- Demonstrated strong written and visual communication skills.
- Knowledge of and/or relationship with the local arts, Guelph Farmers’ Market and social change communities.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional, community or lived experience.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. Experience in the non-profit sector is considered an asset.
The lists above represent the mandate of this role and the experience and abilities needed to be successful. We understand not all candidates will have all of the qualifications or areas of expertise listed. If you have approximately 75% of the experience and abilities, or feel strongly that you could do this job well, we would love to hear from you.
Compensation and Details:
- Start date is November 14, 2022 (somewhat flexible)
- This is a one year contract covering a parental leave with an initial contract end date of November 10, 2023.
- This role is based on 20 hours per week at a rate of $21/hour.
- This position is on site in Guelph with some work-from-home flexibility. Our ideal candidate has a strong connection to Guelph-Wellington.
- Work schedule to be determined based on individual schedule and the needs of the role and team. Hours of work may include some evening and weekend work to support content creation and art show installation.
- To support health and wellness, this role has access to up to three (3) paid sick days, and two (2) paid ‘flex’ days off per year to be used at your discretion.
Please email your cover letter and resume, specifying Communications & Arts Activator in the subject line, to [email protected]. Please include in your cover letter the answer to the question, “What is your superpower?”
Application Deadline: 5:00pm Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Interviews will be held October 24 – 28. Recognizing that the interview process takes time and effort, all interviewed candidates will receive a $75.00 stipend for participating in an interview, including providing samples of work or other follow-up materials. We will also send interview questions in advance to give time to process questions.