10C Shared Space is a space for social innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, art, sustainability, and community. Volunteering means being connected to all things 10C. You do not just volunteer for 10C, you become connected to the community 10C holds in Guelph and beyond!
Our Amazing Volunteers:
Elaine Duignan – David McConnell – Handel Callender – Janie Keizerwaard – Jessica Karafoliv – Laura Pollock – Kathy Sammy – Katie Wilde – Kesia Kvill – Marnie Eves – Michelle Fortin – Natasha Fuller – Peter Geisprecht – Susan Parks – Sydney Coles – Tania Orton – Tyler Shaw –
What are the volunteer opportunities?
Availability: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Minimum one 2-3 hour shift/week
- Community focused?
- Excellent with people?
- Great on the phone?
- A strong problem solver?
… Then 10C host could be the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
10C hosts play an important role in supporting the 10C team by being the first point of contact for everyone who enters the building. You are not only a friendly face to all who come in, but an important resource for our community helping people find answers to their questions about 10C.
Host responsibilities include:
- Directing members and guests to their meeting/event location
- Responding to community member inquiries (phone, in-person)
- Checking voicemail
- Updating organizational documents
- Being awesome
10C Space Steward
Availability: Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
Minimum of one 2-3 hour shift/week
Location: throughout the building at 42 Carden Street
- Interested in helping us create memorable and intuitive spaces?
- Community focused? Organized? Good at multi-tasking?
- Handy and resourceful?
… Then become a 10C Space Steward!
You will play a key role in enhancing the member and guest experience at 10C! This dynamic new role is designed to support the 10C team by assisting with day-to-day tasks around the building. These tasks include opening or closing the building, setting up and taking down event spaces, up keep of kitchen and bathroom spaces, sorting and distributing mail and general operations in the building.
Responsibilities during a shift:
- Opening or closing the building
- Tidy and de-clutter shared work spaces
- Keep an eye out for dust bunnies, ensure that surfaces are clean
- Bring out/take in garbage bins to the fourth floor and basement
- Set up the 10C sign, planters, and patio set outside
- Setting up or taking down events spaces
- Label each whiteboard outside of event spaces according to the daily bookings
- Ensure each room is stocked with the right equipment for bookings (refer to stock list)
- Rearrange the furniture if needed and returning rooms to regular placement of furniture
- Kitchen Upkeep
- Put dishes and cutlery back in their place
- Refill hand soap and kitchen supplies
- Ensure that the counter surface is clean
- Ensure appliances are clean
- Bathroom Upkeep
- Replace paper towels
- Refill hand soap
- clean sinks and surfaces
- Sort and distribute mail
- Place mail in appropriate slots
- Deliver mail to coworkers’ doors
- Operations in the building as needed
- Assembling furniture
- Lifting and moving items (e.g. furniture, boxes)
- Organizing files and other supplies
10C Site Crew
Minimum Commitment: 2-5 hours/month
- Handy and creative?
- Capable of manual labour?
- Love tools?
…….Then become a 10C Site Crew volunteer!
As we continue to renovate our unique space at 10C, we are in need of a team of volunteers to help us with odd jobs. We are looking for people who are handy! Tasks include but are not limited to; painting, building furniture, moving and organizing supplies and so much more!
10C Events Volunteer
Minimum Commitment: 2 hours/event
- Community focused?
- Good with people?
- Quick on your feet?
…….Then become a 10C events volunteer!
As we expand our programming at 10C, we are in need of a team of volunteers to help us with cleaning, serving, bartending and set up/tear down at events. We are looking for volunteers with food service and cash handling experience and, ideally, a valid Smart Serve to help us with events at 10C. We’d expect a two-hour minimum time commitment for each event (and it does include admission)!
As a volunteer perk, you’ll also receive access to main floor hot-desking and some member benefits! If you’d like to give hosting a try, email [email protected] to get involved!