As 10C’s Events Activator, you are responsible for maintaining and expanding the event-use aspects of our busy community hub. You will be responsible for promotion, outreach and the overall management of 10C’s event spaces, including the Community Classroom. This role includes some community supporter outreach to connect 10C more broadly to the business sector. Events held at 10C include, but are not limited to:
- Member bookings for meeting rooms, community engagement events
- Corporate bookings for private retreats, meetings and training sessions
- Community bookings for a variety of special events
- 10C Feature public events (6-8 per year)
10C is a NFP social enterprise in Downtown Guelph supporting over 150 members working in social change fields. We do this by offering collaborative coworking and community event space to our members and the community at large and then animating these relationships through projects. Community education and capacity building will define 2019 at 10C. These 10Cs guide our work: collaboration, creativity, catalyze, capacity, champion, connection, caring, courage, community, and change.
Your responsibilities include:
Event Space Promotion and Outreach: You will…
- Promote the event space offering to the community of Guelph and surrounding areas
- Conduct tours and organize special events to help increase awareness of event space opportunities
- Increase online promotion of all event spaces and functions
- Listen for and creating new event-related offerings that support 10C’s mission of creating space for change
Client Services: You will…
- Provide excellent client service, responding to event inquiries in a timely manner
- Manage event booking and organization, including phone, email and in-person inquiries
- Provide logistical support during events, particularly new or community events
- Prepare and modify event contracts as necessary
- Review and arrange AV equipment, space set-up, coffee/food services, signage, promotional materials, procurement of supplies and verify door access / security
- Events management for 10C Feature events, including logistics of registration process, community experience and wrap up of event
Team Collaboration: You will…
- Work with team to ensure that all event bookings as are tracked, invoiced and that questions are followed-up on in a timely manner
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Liaise with 10C team to keep track of event metrics including invoicing, receivables and reporting
- Suggest new features based on community requests
- Manage storage of event assets (tables/chairs/equipment)
Desired Skills and Experience: This part is all about You!
- You love people and enjoy connecting authentically, directly and with a high level of awareness.
- You are entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, outgoing and energetic and this shows as optimism.
- You have excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, listening and perception.
- You are comfortable working with an onsite AND a virtual team and manage #slack / text like an extension of your voice.
- You have a strong ability to organize workloads, set priorities, work independently completing projects with little supervision.
- You jump in and help when and where needed. Surprises don’t phase you. Anticipation, responsiveness and improvisation are your super-powers.
- You are a proactive problem solver and you approach a challenge (or multiple challenges) by asking “What if… and…” to build creative win-win solutions. You mostly see confluence.
- You are proficient with Google Drive tools, you can accomplish amazing things over email, and you are adept at adapting new technologies.
Hours/Timeframe/Rate of Pay
Short Term position 26 weeks starting mid-late September, with possibility of extension and increased hours to be decided early 2019. 20 hours per week, 4 to 5 days per week (Monday to Friday). Only occasional weekend work required. Hours are variable, but we would like to implement a consistent schedule. Please indicate your level of availability or other firm time constraints when applying. $18-20 per hour to start depending on applicant experience.
Apply by September 7, 2018 with resume to [email protected]