You’re Invited! Join us at the 10C Community Open House
Celebrate all of the amazing things happening at 10C and the Guelph Farmers Market!
Join us June 8 from 4:00 – 8:00 pm for a 10C Community Open House at 42 Carden Street! The Open House is free and offers community members a chance to meet and learn from the amazing people, organizations and businesses that make 10C and the Guelph Farmers’ Market shine.
At the Open House, visitors can expect to:
- Guided tours of 10C and opportunities to see and learn about the spaces available for community use
- Information about 10C’s community programs including SDG Cities and Food Uniting Neighbours (f.u.n.)
- Two art installations, featuring local artist Peter Howlett on the main floor and a student art show on the fourth floor
- Enjoy music, drama and comedy performances throughout the evening
- Meet businesses and organizations who are working toward social and environmental change, and have received loans from their social finance program Harvest Impact – many will have products for sale and demonstrations available
- See the Nourish Kitchen in action and sample yummy food and drink offerings
Registration is not required for this event. Walk-ins are welcome!
Meet the organizations who will animate our 10C Open House!
Enjoy a Fourth Floor live performance every hour, on the hour
4:30PM – Urban arts M.A.D.E. will perform excerpts from DREAM, a re-envisioning of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
5:30PM – Urban arts M.A.D.E. will perform excerpts from DREAM, a re-envisioning of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
6:30PM – Short comedy improvisations with the Guelph Comedy Festival.
7:30PM – Tuba, bagpipe, fiddle and drum ensemble.
Learn how your investments can transform community
5:00PM, 6:00PM and 7:00PM – Join us in the third floor Activity Room for appetizers, refreshments and a short presentation highlighting our Community Bond program.
Check out Thursdays at the Market while you’re visiting the Open House
As part of the 10C Community Open House, you can wander down to the Guelph Farmers’ Market for Thursdays at the Market, which runs 4:00 – 7:00 pm every Thursday from June – October. During Thursdays at the Market on June 8th, you can:
- Find some of your favourite Saturday vendors
- Discover new products from new vendors and artisans
- Enjoy performances from outdoor buskers while you shop
Add Thursdays at the Market to your Open House experience on June 8!
Keep the party going at our Open House After Party with Communism & DJ Natey Pancakes
Get ready for an Open House after party like you’ve never experienced before!
Following the 10C Community Open House and Thursdays at the Market, we invite visitors to continue the party up on 10C’s Fourth Floor, featuring musical performances from Communism and DJ Natey Pancakes. Partygoers can expect awesome vibes and great music.
Let’s close out our 10C Open House with a bang!
Tickets are $25 and $20 for 10C members.
Communism is a dance party band with high ideals and high kicks, featuring original songs, and iconic New Wave & Disco covers… Donna Summer, Kate Bush, Talking Heads, and Prince, with wild projections & lasers. A stadium dance party at your local gathering place.
Communism is a brilliant musical project conceived by renowned Toronto producer and drummer Don Kerr (Bahamas, Dan Mangan, Ron Sexsmith, Rheostatics…)
Guitarist Mike O’Brien, bassist Jason Haberman, and visual projectionist Craig Small enliven listeners to dance off our burdens together.
Both albums Get Down Get Together and Lovespeech feature original songs that implore the listener to join the fight against division, experience the joy of collective action, on a personal and global scale.
About DJ Natey Pancakes
DJ Natey Pancakes is the DJ alter ego of 10C’s own Nathan Lawr. He’ll be spinning the finest in afro, disco, funk, and RnB spanning the last 50 years.