Join the 10C team: Financial Administrator (Bookkeeper)
10C Shared Space (10C) is seeking a detail-oriented bookkeeper (with Quickbooks Online expertise) to manage the day-to-day financial aspects of our organization. This role is a part-time, 6 month contract covering a leave, with the possibility for extension. Your responsibilities will include tracking revenue, expenses, payments and taxes. This role integrates across various systems and requires someone with immaculate attention to detail, who enjoys working within a fast-paced supportive team environment. We are seeking a team member to hold responsibility for these areas:
- Maintain all Financial processes and records with special focus on day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Report to project plan budgets, including monthly and quarterly project reporting;
- Collaborate with the staff team to ensure efficient and well-documented financial processes.
You bring these experiences and abilities to the role:
- Post-secondary education in Business or Accounting, or certification in bookkeeping/payroll management, and/or minimum three years related equivalent experience;
- Solid understanding of double-entry accounting fundamentals including the recording, analysis, and reporting of financial information within various systems;
- Expert level experience with Quickbooks Online and online banking systems. Experience with government reporting processes is considered an asset;
- Experience with existing payment gateways including Quickbooks, Stripe and Square;
- Ability to analyze financial and program data, develop processes and strengthen systems using a continual process improvement mindset;
- Immaculate accuracy and attention to detail with strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills;
- A commitment to confidentiality, professionalism and accountability;
- “All In” winning attitude, with a responsive customer-service focus;
- An intrapreneurial spirit with dedication to both teamwork and independence;
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Knowledge of office administration and clerical practices;
- Experience working in a fast-paced non-profit environment considered an asset;
- Advanced abilities in a computerized environment utilizing various software platforms including, Microsoft Excel, Slack, Google Workspace, and customer relationship management systems;
- G class driver’s license and access to a vehicle for periodic bank trips is an asset.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Structuring and maintaining highly organized filing systems (both online and offline) to support financial record-keeping, ensuring accuracy and complete documentation;
- Maintaining an organized and logical Chart of Accounts structure that aligns to project and program requirements;
- Diligently performing day-to-day accounting activities by maintaining records, ensuring timely data entry, completing project and program related billings, compiling and analyzing account information, processing bank reconciliations, processing payments, posting journal entries for all programs;
- Managing accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR) through various payment gateways to ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and that accounts receivable are received in a timely manner;
- Preparing bi-weekly payroll including but not limited to: updating employee payroll records, entering timesheet hours/overtime/vacation/etc., maintaining accurate employee payroll records, issuing payroll, generating T4s and ROEs;
- Posting of all deposits in accounting software and completing bank runs as needed;
- Calculating interest earned, term lengths and maintaining records for 10C’s community bond investment program and supporting systems for 10C’s other social finance programs;
- Gathering, organizing and analyzing financial materials and working closely with the Associate/Executive Directors (as well as other project leads) in preparing required reports, budgets and project plans, including compilation of supporting project cost reports and invoice/expenses backup for program funding reports as required.
There will be ongoing mentorship from team members for this new role. The lists above represent the mandate of this role and the experience and abilities needed to be successful. We understand not all candidates will have all of the qualifications or areas of expertise listed. If you have approximately 85% of the experience and abilities, or feel strongly that you could do this job well, we would love to hear from you.
Compensation and Details:
- Start date is Monday February 26, 2024 (flexible) with a tentative contract end date of August 30, 2024 and the possibility of extension.
- Work location is primarily onsite at 10C Shared Space (located at 42 Carden St, Guelph)
- Work schedule to be determined based on individual schedule and the needs of the role and team. Hours of work will include some evening and weekend work.
- This is a part-time role based on 15 – 24 hours per week, depending on needs of the role, may fluctuate from time to time.
- Pay range is $25 – $30 per hour, commensurate with experience
- To support health and wellness, this role has access to:
- 10C’s Health Benefits package after 3 months of employment which includes: basic life and critical life insurance, extended healthcare, dental, vision and paramedical services.
Please email your cover letter and resume, specifying Financial Administrator in the subject line, to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter the answer to the question, “What is your superpower?”
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible and encourage all interested applicants to reach out if this posting is still active. We aim to begin meeting with candidates the week of February 20. Recognizing that the interview process takes time and effort, all interviewed candidates will receive a $75.00 stipend for participating in an interview, including providing samples of work or other follow-up materials. We will also send interview questions in advance to give time to process questions.
We are excited to meet you!
10C is committed to learning, equity and building a diverse community in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We welcome team members with the knowledge and skills to productively work with diverse communities. 10C specifically encourages applications from those across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, and lived experiences. 10C values lived experience alongside educational and workplace experience. If you are comfortable highlighting your lived experience in your application, this will help us consider your application in a holistic way.