Schedule D: Meeting & Event Space Use Policies
Your main contact for meeting and event bookings is Nathan Lawr, Community Operations Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org and 519.803.8387.
Cancellations, Payments & Refunds
The following guidelines apply to meeting and event bookings:
- Minimum booking time is 1 hour in all rooms. Bookings will be billed by rounding up in 30 minute increments.
- A 20% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking for event bookings over $250.
- All booking fees are due 30 days before meeting or event start or, if booked under 30 days, fees are due at the time of booking.
- Bookings cancelled 8 – 14 days prior to the event date will be refunded 70% of booking fees.
- Other than extenuating circumstances, booking fees associated with any bookings cancelled within 7 days are non-refundable.
- Payments can be paid via Square online through your invoice or at the 10C host desk, cheque payable to “10C Shared Space”, direct payment, or e-transfer to email@example.com (which is set to autodeposit).
Accessing 10C’s Spaces
10C Shared Space’s regular business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm. If you are booking after hours, you will have a temporary access code issued to you through the KISI app available on your smartphone. During regular business hours, 10C will have a host at the front desk who is able to direct your guests. Outside of regular business hours, you will need to unlock the door and direct your guests. At no time should the front door of 10C be propped open.
The Farmers’ Market space is generally locked when not hosting a public event (i.e. Take Home Thursdays, Saturday Farmers’ Market). You will use KISI to access this space for your meeting or event outside of these times.
You may make arrangements for 10C staff to be on site during your event for an additional hourly rate. Please contact Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Reserving a meeting or event space does not include use of other areas of 10C or Farmers’ Market space. Feel free to show your guests around the space, but they should not be in the space unattended, or using other areas of the facilities.
10C reserves the right to change or alter your booking as needed and may need to move your booking to a comparable space.
Please reach out if you’d like to visit the space to plan your event and talk through logistics with the 10C team. Nathan (email@example.com) can work with you to find a suitable time.
Set-up for the specific needs of your meeting (arranging patterns for tables and chairs, location for technology, welcome sign-in tables, etc.) is the responsibility of the user, however, 10C staff will ensure that all required equipment is available in the space for you. Please be in touch with Nathan (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 14 days prior to your event to communicate your specific needs. Subject to availability, you may request any of the following:
- Projector, projection screen
- Hybrid meeting equipment (microphone, webcam)
- Dishes (such as plates, bowls, glasses, mugs) and cutlery
- Tables – round and rectangular
- Chairs – for up to 100 people
- Portable whiteboard and markers
- Flipchart and markers
- Tablecloths (black)
- Microphone and Speaker
Please do not hang anything on the walls without clearance and guidance from 10C staff.
Cleaning & Garbage
A 10C staff team member regularly cleans all common areas. Meeting and event spaces should be left how you found them, including washing any dishes used and removing any garbage and waste created. 10C will provide receptacles that can be used to collect the 3 types of waste, which can then be emptied into the 3 stream ‘mushroom’ containers on the street provided by the City of Guelph. You are also welcome to empty these containers in the basement where you will find 2 large containers for grey and blue items.
Please note the following mandatory cleaning fees:
- Failure to leave the room in a clean and undamaged condition (including the equipment therein) may lead to a $50-$100 cleaning fee, or more for damaged equipment or space.
- Failure to remove the waste from your meeting or event space will result in a $50 fee.
- Private events of 50 – 75 people will be subject to a $100 mandatory cleaning fee.
- Private events of 75 – 100 people will be subject to a $150 mandatory cleaning fee.
Additional Support Staffing
While 10C meeting and event spaces generally function as do-it-yourself, if you would like additional staffing support, we can discuss the following available options:
- The Kitchen Assistant (at $35/h, 2h min.): mandatory for all community / non-member bookings in the Nourish Kitchen, all events with alcohol and all kitchen bookings without a safe food handling certificate. This is also an option for events wishing to have additional kitchen support for dishes, service or other tasks.
- Front Door host (at $35/h, 2h min.): optional for events occurring outside of regular business hours wishing to have the front door unlocked and / or the front desk staffed.
- Event support (at $35/h, 2h min.): optional for events requiring additional support with food service, cleaning or other event support roles.
- Other support options can be discussed directly with 10C staff.
Guidelines for Community Events
The 10C teams reserves the right to monitor all functions being held on the premises. We also reserve the right to refuse space to any group that are inconsistent with the purpose and policies of 10C. In addition, the following guidelines apply:
- No group may display permanent or temporary public signage at 10C, other than signs providing direction for a specific event.
- Political groups/parties – 10C maintains a transpartisan approach to political engagement. 10C will not endorse a specific political party, but does present a transpartisan forum for political parties and elected representatives and candidates to engage the community. All political parties are welcome to apply for 10C membership, and all are welcome to host events, activities at 10C and the Guelph Farmers’ Market. All political parties are welcome to use the 10C space, but may not display permanent public signage at 10C.
- Religious/religious-sponsored groups – 10C welcomes all groups to use the 10C space, but will not work with or accommodate any group that actively discriminates against LGBTQ+, BIPOC, or any other community.
- Please see Schedule E: Alcohol Policy for all guidelines about serving alcohol as part of your event.
- If you are planning to serve alcohol at your event, you must review the details of your event with 10C staff in advance.
- A Special Occasion Permit (SOP) and Event / Party Alcohol Liability Insurance are required for most community events serving alcohol (some member exceptions apply). See Co-operators’ Duuo for relevant insurance: duuo.ca/event-insurance
10C is not responsible for lost or stolen items or those left unattended, nor is 10C responsible for unsecured rooms and common areas.
Microphones and amplification equipment are not permitted in meeting and event rooms during regular business hours, as this may affect our co-tenants and other Meeting Room renters. Computer speakers at a reasonable volume are permitted and we ask you to be courteous of those around you.
In the unlikely event of an emergency during business hours, contact the 10C staff on site immediately. For emergencies that may occur off-hours, please contact any of the following below or CALL 911 IF THE EMERGENCY WARRANTS. We will do our best to respond but may not be immediately available. Please text and/or call: Nathan Lawr (519.803.8387), Julia Grady (519.546.5640) and/or Katie Baikie (519.803.0595).